I have recently watched a few movies on US presidents. I really liked the ones with a relaxed/light-weight story.
- Dick (1999) – A comedy sees the Watergate scandal through the eyes of two silly but smarter-than-they-look teenagers
- Man of the Year (2006) – Tom Dobbs (Robin Williams), a news anchor, contests and accidentally/surprisingly wins the US Presidental election, but there is more.
- Dave (1993) – Dave bears an uncanny resemblance with President Bill Mitchell. When Bill suffers a stroke while having sex with one of his aides, Dave is called to impersonate the President on an ongoing basis.
- The American President (1995) – A Comedy-drama about a widowed US president and a lobbyist who fall in love.
- First Kid (1996) – A comedy movie about the President’s teenage boy and his security detail.
- Chasing Liberty (2004) – The president’s daughter, fed up with being tailed by the Secret Service, runs away. She meets the charming Ben and is unaware that he is secretly working for her father, trying to bring her back home.
- First Daughter (2004) – Just like a romantic fairy tell movie; not with a princess, but with the first daughter.